André Lewaks is a South African that is working at Saldanha Bay Municipality as a Senior Official: Public Participation and Ward Committees. He has over 19 years proven experience in social work, project management and coordination, community development experience, advocacy, policy design and policy education experience.
Most of his professional life he has worked for the Western Cape Government in South Africa in the field of community development, HIV/AID prevention, family preservation services and victim empowerment. His work in the civil society sector includes social work, parenting and fatherhood intervention as well as policy advocacy. Academically André holds a BDIAC Degree from the University of South Africa, MA Degree in Child and Family Studies at the University of the Western Cape (UWC) where he is currently doing his PHD Degree in Child and Family studies.
His published papers include:
- The contribution of a South African intervention for fathers to child and family well-being: recommendations for practitioners (https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13229400.2018.1500296 )
- Engaging South African fathers: MenCare Child Care and Protection Programme
- (Makusha, T., Van den Berg, W., Khoza, G., & Lewaks, A. (2019). Engaging South African Fathers: The MenCare Childcare and Protection programme, Sonke Gender Justice and UNICEF SA: Pretoria.)
- Policy brief: Reducing violence in South Africa: from research to action (https://issafrica.org/research/policy-brief/reducing-violence-in-south-africa-from-research-to-action )
- Policy brief: What will it take to prevent interpersonal violence in South Africa? (https://issafrica.org/research/policy-brief/what-will-it-take-to-prevent-interpersonal-violence-in-south-africa )
- State of South Africa’s Fathers 2018 (file:///C:/Users/publicparticipation/Downloads/StateofSouthAfricasFathers.pdf )