The ARUA CoE in Notions if Identity in Africa is a multidisciplinary, collaborative effort involving six research intensive universities in Africa.
The ARUA CoE in Notions of Identity at Makerere seeks to establish, expand and deepen scholarship around the notion of identity in Africa and how it manifests, shapes and impacts on contemporary African society.
Objectives of the CoE:
- Develop a network of African institutions and researchers engaging with the question of identity
- Share knowledge, skills and other resources between the network partners in the CoE
- Develop a research agenda in the area of Identities in Africa between network partners
- To develop an intellectual community to engage with the notion of identity in each partner university
- Build capacity to research identities in Africa in the partner universities