Prof. Adipala Ekwamu (General Secretary, RUFORUM), Dr. Sarah N. Ssali (Director, ARUA CoE Identities), Dr. Florence Nakayiwa (Deputy Executive Secretary-Planning Resources Mobilization and Management, RUFORUM), Ms. Nakiranda Salama (Centre Administrator, ARUA CoE Identities), Dr. Antony Egeru (Manager-Training and Community Development, RUFORUM)
On Monday May 9, 2022, the Director of the ARUA CoE Identities, Dr, Sarah N. Ssali paid a courtesy call on the Executive Secretary of The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building (RUFORUM), Prof. Adipala Ekwamu, with a view of exploring opportunities of collaboration, networking and working together.
Discussions, focused on:
- How the CoE Identities conducting more analytical research on what RUFORUM does, especially around agriculture and food systems.
- How RUFORUM can be ARUA’s ambassadors
- How the CoE Identities can be leveraged to bring on board other scholars from the continent
- How the CoE, in partnership with RUFORUM can bring together women leaders to discuss issues of gender and agriculture, round table discussions and public dialogues in Makerere, Uganda and beyond
- How the CoE Identities, the RUFORUM and the School of Women and Gender Studies can contribute to attaining the 17 SDGs in Makerere University.